Wednesday 14 March 2012

WIP Wednesday

I really need to get more productive with my sewing since there are many birthdays coming up and I keep buying more fabric (too many online sales that I can't resist).  To help me stay on track, I'm going to resume WIP Wednesdays.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

New projects:
1) A friend recently had a baby girl.  We got them a gift card so they can buy what they need but also wanted to include something handmade, so I'm making them a couple of personalized bibs.  I've finished one (and have one more to go):
(sorry for the terrible pic!)

2. I've been wanting to make a quilt for my mom for a while.  Finally got started this week.  I decided on a HST quilt.  I am using the shortcut HST method that yields 4 HSTs at a time but it is still taking me a long time to iron, cut and sew all those HSTs.  Playing with the layout is also very time consuming!  Here is what I have so far:
3. I've been dying to work on my bee blocks based on this tutorial but I'm waiting for my kona white to come in the mail.  In the meantime, I did a couple of "test" blocks which I'll use to make a quilt for Project Linus:

4. I need to make a gift for my SIL's birthday.  I'm thinking of making her this super cute clutch.
5. My Covert Robin gift...only blog stalking my partner so far.  I have some ideas but I really should get started.

Here's to hoping that I'll have some progress to report by next week!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment