It's been a few busy weeks around here, with sicknesses and the husband travelling for work. Trying to get back into the groove of things.
1) Covert Robin gift:
I ended up making my partner a Jane Market bag. She seems to like bold/geometric prints so I choose a fun pattern for the middle panel.
Since she's all the way in Australia, it seems that she still hasn't gotten her package yet, but I hope she likes it when it finally arrives. Sorry the pictures are so bad and the bag is so wrinkly, but I finished it late one night and needed to get it packaged and shipped the next morning.
2) bee blocks
For the Comfort Quilts bee, I made these fun blocks:
Siblings Together charity in the UK. Here is the first one completed.
Also did a little selfish sewing - a Wiksten tank!
In Progress (aka no progress):
1) HST quilt for mom: ugh, I have really have with the HSTs...I thought I was careful in cutting and square-ing but my blocks don't lay flat and I got so frustrated I put them aside and am tempted just to abandon it. May give it another try when I'm feeling optimistic one day.
1) Second co-ordinating Siblings Together quilt top - really want to get this done quick so that I can ship it off to the UK where another volunteer will be quilting it.
2) mother's day gift for mom - probably a Michelle pattern zippy wristlet pouch like I made my SIL for her b-day
3) mother's day gift for MIL - still have no ideas on this one.
4) mother's day gift for SIL - maybe some oven finger mitts like the ones I made my MIL for xmas.
I have many other projects I'd like to complete in the next few months, but I need to keep focused on the ones I need to get done in the near future.
Linking up to WIP Wednesday.